Medical RecordsCall 828.586.7174
How do our patients get copies of medical records?
- Swain Communtiy Hospital will send records directly to your health care provider at no cost to you. Call the Release of Information staff at 828.586.7175.
- Complete the Requisition for Release of Information form. Mail completed form and the Release of Information staff will complete your request.
- Access your medical records through the Patient Portal. Access requires your email address to be on file. Please call Registration at 828.586.7000 to setup.
- Please allow up to 5 days for non-emergency requests. (There is a shorter turn-around time for smaller requests or for patient care requests.)
- You may designate another person to pick up your records. Please provide a written statement including your date of birth (DOB), and your signature indicating what records are being released and to whom.
- You or the person designated to pick up your records must show a photo ID and sign to indicate that the records have been received.
- In the case of death, the right to the records is given the executor of the estate, and in the absence of such, then it goes to the next of kin.