Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Being admitted to a hospital can be a daunting experience. We're here to help you navigate all of the health care options available and link you with the best solutions.
If you have had an injury or illness that has altered your lifestyle, or it's time to look for ongoing health care - for yourself or your loved one. We understand that there may be demands placed on you and your family that are initially overwhelming. The Care Management team at Swain Community Hospital and Harris Regional Hospital are here to help you navigate all of the options available to you from admission to discharge. Questions may arise regarding the length of stay at the hospital, finances, as well as medical costs, we serve as a guide through the difficult decisions you may face. A member of our Care Management Department can help you address many of your questions, locate resources, and provide support to you and your family.
The Care Management Department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You or a family member may call with any questions or concerns by dialing extension 7711 within the hospital or 828-586-7711 from outside the hospital.
We understand how difficult it can be knowing where to start. Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Act as a liaison for you and your provider to help you understand your diagnosis and treatments
- Advocate with insurance programs and understand how to meet the requirements for insurance certification and review
- Assist you in implementing any prescribed treatment plans after you arrive home
- Coordinate home delivered meals
- Family/Caregiver education
- Home visits and telemedicine support for continued health needs
- Medicaid application assistance
- Outlining options for care within our hospital and/or the community
- Coordinate placement for long-term care and assisted living
- Professional assessment of safety issues and/or risk factors in the home
- Referrals to additional community health care resources as well as coordination of paperwork
Our professionally trained staff include nurses and social workers who will help to evaluate you or your loved one's health concerns and help to develop a plan of care based on the service options available to you.
Care Management Resources
Contact us today!
Swain Community Hospital/Harris Regional Hospital
68 Hospital Rd,
Sylva, NC 28779