If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency dial 9-1-1.
Our Emergency Department accepts patients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
45 Plateau St.
Bryson City, NC 28713
When is it an Emergency?
Individuals with the following conditions should seek emergency care:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest or upper abdominal pain or pressure
- Fainting, sudden dizziness, weakness
- Changes in vision
- Confusion or changes in mental status
- Any sudden or severe pain
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Suicidal feelings
- Difficulty speaking
- Unusual abdominal pain
Swain Community Hospital offers:
- 24-hour staff readiness
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment equipment to help track and monitor patient progress
- Cardiovascular laboratories and surgical suites
- Digital radiology rooms that are located in the department, eliminating the need to move patients to other sections of the hospital for testing
- Sophisticated computer technology that provides patient lab results, diagnostic information, discharge information and other confidential data quickly and securely
- Direct access to cardiologists for emergent cardiac care
- Rapid CT scanning and medication administration for stroke patients.
While it is always our goal to promptly evaluate all patients who present to the Department of Emergency Medicine, the unpredictable nature of emergencies often results in patients having to wait for periods of time. Wait times can vary each day and can change depending on unexpected occurrences.
If you face a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately.